1. WEBSITE USE AND SECURITY
- 1.1. The website http://thedoorgame.com is owned and operated by The Door — Escape Game (Property of Cinnamon Roll Sàrl). The company holds the right to amend or vary these Terms and conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- 1.2. The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of the The Door Website and should be read carefully before any use.
- 1.3. The Door does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website.
- 1.4. The The Door’s website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
- 1.5. You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the The Door’s website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
- 1.6. You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. The Door will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment card information though The Door shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- 1.7. The Door shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
- 2.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
- 2.2. The game is designed for a team of 3-5 people per room.
- 2.3 The trade marks and logos displayed on the website are the property of The Door. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of The Door and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor's rights.
- 2.4. These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 2.5. Nothing contained in any contract is intended to be enforceable pursuant to the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party.
- 2.6. All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions.
- 2.7. The Door's website may contain hyperlinks to third party website .
- The operation of those websites is out of The Door's control and you use them at your own risk.
- 2.8. The Door collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
- 2.9. Due to limited reception area The Door recommends teams to arrive on time, not earlier than 5 minutes and not later than the beginning time of the booking.
- 2.10. Due to the nature of the game no recordings can be taken inside the room.
- 2.11. The Door expects her visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
- 2.12. The Door may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
- 2.13. The Door is entitled to charge the guests for any damage which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
- 2.14. While your are on our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees having security responsibilities.
- 2.15. The Door doesn’t tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
3. BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATION
- 3.1. The only language available for the conclusion of a contract online is English.
- 3.2. Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
- 3.3. It is your responsibility to check that any Games issued to you are accurate.
- 3.4. Any purchase of Game is only valid when processed by The Door.
- 3.5. If you wish to transfer your Game(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact The Door by either email or telephone at least two hours before the start of the game. This facility may be refused by The Door.
- 3.6. Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Game is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the game.
- 3.7. You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to The Door that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
- 3.8. You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. The Door is not sending confirmation via post or text message.
- 3.9. Online bookings can be made only 60 days in advance, exception may happen if contacting The Door via email or phone.
- 3.9. A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late 30 minutes or more. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable.
- 3.10. In case of a cancellation made less than 24 hours before the game session, the client will be charged with 50 CHF cancellation fee.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 4.1. The price (excluding VAT) of a game is stated on the The Door website of the Booking section.
- 4.2. The price is set according to number of people in a room (maximum 5 persons) and to the timing of the week.
- 4.3. Bookings can be made online on the The Door website, via phone, email or in person.
- 4.6. Cash and cards are accepted for payment. Full payment is required at the end of the game session.
- 4.7. The Door is a live event so once the booking is confirmed refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted.
- 4.8. In case less people attending the game than it is booked for the price difference will not be reimbursed.
- 4.9. If more people attending the game than it is booked for (up to 5 persons a room) the price difference can be settled upon arrival to the game.
- If you need to contact The Door you can do so using any of the following methods:
- - email: email@example.com
- - letter: The Door, Ch. de la Tour-Grise 6, 1007 Lausanne, Suisse
6. SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT
- 6.1. Each The Door player will be instructed before their game by their assigned local Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk. Also, The Door is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
- 6.2. If you are late for more than 30 minutes of the original time of your booking, the reservation becomes a no-show automatically and you won’t be able to start your game. To re-book another slot must be of your own expenses and according to current availability.
- 6.3. People under influence of alcohol or undescribed drugs might be turned away and there game stated as no-show.
- 6.4. Drinks and food may not be brought into the Game Rooms.
- 6.5. To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address.
- 6.6. Children age of between 9 - 15 has to be accompanied at least by 1 adult per game, children under the age of 9 are not permitted to enter the Game Rooms.
- 6.7. The Door suggests customers to wear comfortable clothing for the game therefore high heeled shoes are not recommended.